Pre-Algebra Tutors & Teachers for Lessons, Instruction or Help in Corona, CA
Pre-Algebra Tutoring in Corona
Pre-Algebra is the foundation course for many advanced courses in Corona Schools. Many students start with Pre-Algebra then move towards Algebra I and then finally take Algebra II. Students taking Geometry, Pre-Calculus and Calculus also find the courses easy if they have solid grip on Algebra.
Pre-Algebra Topics in Corona School:
- Evaluating algebraic expressions using order of operations.
- Simplifying algebraic expressions using the distributive property.
- Write and solve algebraic inequalities.
- Graph integer numbers on number line.
- Find absolute values of an algebraic evaluation.
- Identify prime and composite numbers
- Least common multiple (LCM)
- Greatest common factor (GCF)
- Scientific notation
- Simplifying fractions in algebraic expressions using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Solve algebraic equations with unknown variables.
- Graph linear equations
- Convert measurements in the metric system such as converting inches to feet.
- Percentages and proportions problems.
Why study Pre-Algebra in Corona Schools:
- Pre-Algebra is the pre-requisite for many courses.
- Aptitude tests such as CAHSEE, ACT, SAT and many courses in math, science and college need the knowledge of pre-algebra.
Application of Pre-Algebra:
1) Learns how to compute discounts and tax for items.
2) Many entry level jobs require knowledge of these pre-algebra concepts.
What is next after Pre-Algebra:
You are ready for more Math then it is time to learn Algebra I.
Corona schools teach pre-algebra in Grades 5-8.
Algebra I is Corona high schools are taught in Grade 9.
It is very possible to complete Pre-Algebra in Corona Schools in Grade 7 so you are in bright group of students who are taking Algebra I in 8th Grade.
Mathematics and Pre-Algebra knowledge needed in Professional Education:
Nursing Schools, Army and Navy tests (ASVAB), CAHSEE
Adult Education and College:
Many colleges require you to pass placement tests that have mathematics questions based on pre-algebra. If you are not proficient in pre-algebra then you are required to take foundation mathematics course in pre-algebra before you can take any advanced courses in community colleges and universities.