Geometry Tutors & Teachers for Lessons, Instruction or Help in Corona, CA
Geometry Tutoring in Corona
Geometry is the foundation course for learning angles, lines, polygon, trigonometry and many shapes such as triangle, quadrilateral and multiple sided shapes. Many students start with Pre-Algebra then move towards Algebra I and then finally take Geometry. Students taking Algebra II, PreCalculus and Calculus also find the courses easy if they have solid grip on Geometry.
Geometry Topics in Corona School:
- Properties of lines and planes.
- Deductive Reasoning to prove theorems in Geometry.
- Parallel lines to compute angles and construct parallel lines
- Geometry shapes: Congruent triangles and theorems.
- Geometry shapes: Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Trapezoid, Rhombus and Kite.
- Inequalities in Geometry.
- Similar shapes in Geometry such as polygon’s ratio, perimeter and areas.
- In depth study of Right Triangle in Geometry and Pythagorean Theorem.
- Circles: Properties of circles in Geometry such as key concepts on radius, tangent, arcs, chords and angles.
- Geometrical Solid Shapes: Prisms, Pyramid, Cylinder and Cone.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Midpoint formula and distance formula.
- Transformation: Reflection, translation and rotation.
Why study Geometry in Corona Schools:
- Geometry is the pre-requisite for many courses.
- Aptitude tests such as CAHSEE, ACT, SAT and many courses in math, science and college need the knowledge of Geometry to score high.
Application of Geometry:
1) Learn how to compute angles of elevation or depression from any point in Earth.
2) Calculate areas and volumes for many shapes.
Corona schools teach Geometry in Grades 8-10.
It is very possible to complete Geometry in Corona Schools in Grade 8 so you are in bright group of students who are taking Algebra II in 9th Grade.
Mathematics and Geometry knowledge needed in Professional Education:
Nursing Schools, Army and Navy tests (ASVAB), CAHSEE,
Adult Education and College:
Many colleges require you to pass placement tests that have mathematics questions based on Geometry. If you are not proficient in Geometry then you will score low on these placement tests.