Pre Algebra Tutors & Teachers for Lessons, Instruction or Help
One-on-one tutoring by experienced tutors and credentialed teachers. Our program is designed to help your child master the topics in Pre-Algebra. Pre-Algebra tutoring not only helps your child complete the school assignments but also prepare for quizzes and exams.
- Order of operations in algebraic expressions
- Addition of negative numbers and positive number along with multiplications and divisions
- Strong foundation of substitution for multiple variables with numbers
- Write and solve algebraic inequalities
- Number line for problems involving inequalities
- Solving absolute value problems
- Prime and composite numbers
- LCM: Least common multiple
- GCF: Greatest common factor
- Scientific notation and exponents.
- Arithmetic involving fractions
- Solve linear and non-linear equations with unknown variables
- Graphing linear and non-linear equations
- Measurement conversion such as converting inches to feet.
- Solving percentages and proportions problems.
Why study Pre-Algebra:
- Pre-Algebra provides strong foundation for Algebra course.
- Aptitude tests such as CAHSEE, ACT, SAT and many courses in math, science and college need the knowledge of pre-algebra.
Application of Pre-Algebra:
- Learns how to compute discounts and tax for items.
- Many entry level jobs require knowledge of these pre-algebra concepts.
What is next after Pre-Algebra:
You are ready for more Math then it is time to learn Algebra I.
Schools teach pre-algebra in Grades 5-8
Algebra I is taught in Grade 9.
It is possible to complete Pre-Algebra in Grade 7 so you are in the bright group of students who are taking Algebra I in 8th Grade.
Mathematics and Pre-Algebra knowledge needed in Professional Education:
Army and Navy tests: ASVAB
|English Laguage Arts
Integrated Math 1-2-3
SAT I & II