Geometry Tutors & Teachers for Lessons, Instruction or Help
One-on-one tutoring by experienced tutors and credentialed teachers. Our program is designed to help your child master the topics in Geometry. Geometry tutoring not only helps your child complete the school assignments but also prepare for quizzes and exams.
Geometry is the foundation course for learning angles, lines, polygon, trigonometry and many shapes such as triangle, quadrilateral and multiple sided shapes. Many students start with Pre-Algebra then move towards Algebra I and then finally take Geometry. Students taking Algebra II, Pre-Calculus and Calculus also find these courses easy if they have solid grip on Geometry.
- Properties of lines (mid-point, bisector, parallel, perpendicular) and planes.
- Proofs and theorems in Geometry.
- Geometry shapes: Congruent triangles and theorems: SSS, SAS, ASA, AAS, HL, etc.
- Geometry shapes: Areas, perimeters, sides and angles for Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Trapezoid, Rhombus and Kite.
- Inequalities in triangle.
- Similar shapes in Geometry such as polygon’s ratio, perimeter and areas.
- Pythagorean Theorem and trig functions.
- Circles: Properties of circles in Geometry such as key concepts of diameter, tangent, arcs, chords and angles. Along with inscribed figures in the circle.
- Geometrical Solid Shapes: Sphere, Prism, Pyramid, Cylinder and Cone.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Midpoint formula, slope and distance formula.
- Transformation: Reflection, translation and rotation.
Why study Geometry:
- Geometry is the pre-requisite for many courses.
Application of Geometry:
Calculate areas and perimeters of rooms, walls and house to find the volume needed to paint the house or number of tiles needed for flooring.
What is next after Geometry:
Geometry course is taught in Grades 8-10.
It is very possible to complete Geometry in Grade 8 so you are in bright group of students who are taking Algebra II in 9th Grade.
Adult Education and College:
Many colleges require you to pass placement tests that have mathematics questions based on Geometry. If you are not proficient in Geometry then you will score low on these placement tests.
|English Laguage Arts
Integrated Math 1-2-3
SAT I & II